New Rules For Soon To Be Legal Pot In Canada
The House of Commons introduced a pair of bills today regarding the legalization of marijuana.
Some of the key details:
- Sale of post restricted to adults 18+ (Provinces could increase their own minimum age)
- Only adults 18+ could carry a maximum dried amount of 30 grams (approximately 1 oz) on their person
- Only federally licensed producers to be allowed to mail/ship in provinces that lack a regulated retail system
- Only adults 18+ can grow a maximum 4 plants for each residence, but no taller than one metre
- Only adults 18+ can produce food/drink for personal use at home
Eventually sales of edibles/drinks will come later, but in the beginning there will only be sales of fresh and dried cannabis allowed.
There will be a zero tolerance approach to drug impaired drivers as well as significant penalties to people that engage minors.
Retired Barrie Teacher Gets Certificate Revoked...
After a hear at the Ontario College of Teachers, former educator David Hay had his…Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Hot Summer Nights are back in Barrie...
The Barrie Fire Department’s ” Hot Summer Nights” program is back. On Thursday evenings the…Tuesday, July 18th, 2017